Monday, January 15, 2007

The Incredible Edible Egg


I foresee that the people that brought us the above catchy phrase will soon be sitting around in a boardroom attempting to find a way to work the following bit of information into the new jingle.

The Roslin Institute, otherwise famous for bringing Dolly into the world, has given a press release stating that they’ve made anti-cancer chicken eggs. Now, first off, what they’ve done (which is pretty damn cool in and of itself) is found a way to engineer chickens so that they lay eggs which contain medically relevant proteins in their egg whites. This isn't going to cure cancer, but it is exciting! The extremely cool bit is creating these proteins for the price of chicken feed (substantially less than other current methods I assure you). However, I wouldn’t go out and buy chicken commodities anytime soon: it will probably be a long time before these tasty drugs are available in the U.S.

1 comment:

Dr. A said...

Hi There! Thanks so much for adding me to your link list. I'll add you to mine as well, if I remember. Gimme a couple of weeks, and if you don't see yourself up there, just drop me an e-mail. Thanks again!