Monday, February 5, 2007

A Whole New World


Its amazing how a change of view can change your world, or at least your perception of it. I finished my last week of Trauma at BigWhig last Friday and this Monday I’ve started plain old general. And I have to say that I really love this part of my rotation. Admittedly, I’ve only had one day of it so it may be too soon to call, but if this is what actual general surgery is like I might actually have found something I can do for the rest of my life. Today started at 6am and was done at 4:30pm. My attending, Stone, is a wonderful lady who has a happy and fulfilling life outside the hospital. My resident, Neo, is a really nice guy who doesn’t seem to believe in scuttwork at all! All in all this seems to be cake compared to the last four weeks. I just wish I could commit 100% to surgery and not agonize over the decision.

No comments: